BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Spongebob and Harry Potter

I forgot my camera yesterday, which was extremely unfortunate because I saw a celebrity. The Sydney Aquarium was playing special host to none other than Spongebob Squarepants. I really wanted to take a picture with him, too. Then I would be Tatum’s favorite for sure. Nevertheless, the aquarium was interesting. They had underwater viewing areas where you could walk through a glass tunnel to see stingrays and sharks. They would swim right above you. They were huge. One of the stingrays looked like it could have eaten Steve Irwin and still had room left over to finish off every other famous Australian.
I also visited a Chinese garden, which was pretty cool. They had little signs everywhere explaining why things were planted where they were planted. And why the waterfall led straight into the Lake of Brightness (or something like that). It was only $3.00 Australian. Which means it was really only $2.34 American. Well worth it.
Now, I know I talk about food a lot. But yesterday I went back to the place where I got the schnitzel sandwich (think: very, very thin chicken fried steak on bread). It is so good, so I wanted to wait until I got to the park to enjoy it. So I was boarding the train holding my sandwich much in the same way that I would hold a baby (which probably says more about how I would hold a baby than how I was holding the sandwich) and . . . well, that story isn’t going anywhere, really. Suffice it to say: that sandwich was good.
So I saw the sixth Harry Potter movie. I’ll just say I was disappointed. The acting was much better. The score was infinitely better. It just felt very clunky, like we were feeling around in the dark for the storylines. I like Quidditch as much as anyone else, but it could have been cut. And I wish they had spent less time on scenes that weren’t in the book and delved deeper into things that actually happened. It was probably my least favorite movie so far. I don’t feel like they gave us all the information we will need to get through the next two movies. (For example, at the end of the sixth book, Harry knows what most of the Horcruxes are. He knows Voldemort’s snake is one. He knows about Hufflepuff’s cup, too. And the ring had already been destroyed by Dumbledore, which I am not sure it was in the movie.) Now we have to waste time in the other movies discovering those things. I know every English major in the world says it . . . but I am certain that every fan of the books will be with me on this one: The book was so much better. Not even comparable, really. OK, enough about Harry Potter.
Just two-ish more days until I am back in the United States.

0 comments: