BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Manly

Funny title for a post, eh? Well, I titled it that because there is a small suburb/city here called that. And it has an excellent beach. Fun facts I learned today at Manly: If you are going to visit the beach in Sydney in July, you need to wear a good jacket and some shorts. (If you try to walk through the surf with your jeans rolled up, the bottom-most part will get wet. And when you roll them down, you will have rings of dark spots down the lower part of your calves. It isn't a bad look, actually.)
Speaking of bad looks, today I saw a family that was very experimental with their hair. They had two children. The little boy had a faux-hawk. And the little girl had a mullet.
Other than that, the beach was great. There were lots of people surfing, which was fun to watch (especially when they fell). I have now waded in both sides of the Pacific Ocean (it looks very similar from the back, if you were wondering.)
I have taken to going to the Apple Store every day to use the Internet. That is where I am sitting right now. The only problem is: no matter how many times I come here, I always get lost on the way. I wander down the wrong streets for 45 minutes and finally get fed up and try to figure out how to get back to the hostel. That is always when I find it. (Note to self: it is on the corner of George and. . . another street. It is on George Street.)
Do you ever find yourself in the middle of a small crowd walking down the street? And when you are in that crowd, do you ever have some extremely funny thought and burst out laughing? Well, that has been happening a lot lately. (I'm not complaining. After all, I think I'm hilarious.) The Sydneysiders probably think I am crazy, though.
OK. That's all for now.

0 comments: