Ok, ok. I can't help myself, really. When you are as big a fan of TV as I am, the Emmy awards are a big deal. (If you are reading this to learn anything about Australia, skip to the end, where I will discuss Aussie TV.)
The following are my picks for who I want to win. Not who I think will win. I don’t really know enough about most of the drama categories, though.
Outstanding Drama Series
“Mad Men”
Outstanding Comedy Series
“30 Rock”
Lead Actor in a Drama
Gabriel Byrne – “In Treatment”
Lead Actress in a Drama
Elisabeth Moss – “Mad Men”
Lead Actor in a Comedy
Alec Baldwin – “30 Rock”
Lead Actress in a Comedy
I want a tie between:
Sarah Silverman – “The Sarah Silverman Program”
Mary-Louise Parker – “Weeds”
And Tina Fey – “30 Rock”
Honestly, the only way I won't be happy with who wins this is if Julia Louis-Dreyfus wins.
Supporting Actor in a Drama
No Idea on this one. I don’t really care that much.
Supporting Actress in a Drama
Hope Davis – “In Treatment” – I haven’t been able to watch season 2 yet. But apparently, she is the best thing about it.
Supporting Actor in a Comedy
Neil Patrick Harris – “How I Met Your Mother”
Supporting Actress in a Comedy
Jane Krakowski – “30 Rock”
Other Categories I care about:
Guest Actress in a Comedy Series
Tina Fey as Governor Sarah Palin – “Saturday Night Live”
Guest Actor in a Comedy Series
Jon Hamm - “30 Rock”
Variety, Music, or Comedy Special
Kathy Griffin: She’ll Cut a Bitch
Outstanding Special Class – Short-format Live Action Entertainment Programs (A new category this year... which seems to have been created especially to honor the "show" I want to win)
Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog
Outstanding Reality Program
Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List
Overall, the thing I am most excited about is the nominees for Outstanding Comedy Series. I really do think that they are the best 7 comedies on TV right now, which isn't always the case. Sure, "Entourage" isn't firing on all cylinders, but it is still a good show. (The nominees are: "How I Met Your Mother" "Entourage" "Weeds" "30 Rock" "Flight of the Conchords" "Family Guy" and "The Office")
Now I am watching Australian TV, though. I haven't been able to find anything really worth watching... with two exceptions: "Cooks" and "MasterChef" (Maybe the obsession with writing about food continues...) "Cooks" is a little drama show about this group of friends that all work in kitchens as, well, cooks. A few work in a really nice restaurant, a few in a run down place. But it is actually pretty decent. I only saw two episodes, but I was drawn in. And as for "MasterChef" - it is a cooking competition show where the winner publishes his or her own cookbook at the end (or I think that is the prize). And the whole country is obsessed with it. They are down to the final two... and the finale is on Sunday (one day after I leave.) I hope Julie wins.
Ok the end.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Emmy Wish List
Posted by Brent at 2:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment