BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, July 6, 2009

Mundane Monday

Deal or No Deal is just as addicting in Australia. Except it is BETTER! The cases are held by the family of the person who is playing and the family member has to guess what they have in their case before they open it. (I am not sure what happens if they get it right.) The big drawback is that they aren’t playing for $1,000,000. They are playing for $200,000. Poor Australians and their silly (comparative) poverty.

So today I sat in Hyde Park… Wait. Someone just guessed their case correctly and won $500. Cool. Well, I sat in the park and took the math section of a GRE. It isn’t looking pretty. I need to take some sort of review course or something because… well, hopeless seems like a bit of an overreaction… 28.5% is the percent correct. (But I wouldn’t take my word for it, obviously.)

Well, today I also watched the Australian equivalent of the Today Show. Think: hour 4 of the Today Show…. All morning. One segment was just a woman reading horoscopes (try that, Kathy Lee). They had a bunch of “news” and then like a two-minute segment where they covered real news and sports. 2 minutes for world events, but an hour about Katie Holmes and whether or not she looks sick in the photo of her attending the musical Jersey Boys in Melbourne. (She did look sick, though.)

Tomorrow I plan on getting up early to try to get a standing room ticket to “Aida.” I need to be at the Opera House by about 7:30, I think. After I get the ticket (if there is still one available0 I am going to go to the Toronga Zoo (and maybe hold a koala). Full day.

0 comments: