I would like to start this post with a quote from this week's "Entertainment Weekly."
"Convinced of the film's Oscar potential after seeing an early cut, Paramount execs bumped the [release] date [of The Lovely Bones] to awards season."
I would just like to now point you to my previous post, where I made a guess that this was the case. I should write for "Entertainment Weekly."
Next item of business: 500 Days of Summer. It is probably the best movie I have seen this year (Star Trek looming a close second). Jason-Gordon Levitt is spot-on. The writing is excellent. It was a very fun way to tell a story. (I especially like the opening disclaimer that all persons represented are fictional and any similarities are to be discarded, especially by a girl named Jenny Beckman, who is apparently a bitch.) This movie has a chance to nab one of those five extra Oscar nominations for best picture. Although, I doubt it will stay so fresh throughout awards season this fall. I do hope to see it nominated for Best Screenplay, though.
Still working on Season 2 of "How I Met Your Mother." Moved into my new apartment. School starts next week. Still reading The Lovely Bones. It is getting good. Time for bed.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
500 Days of Summer
Posted by Brent at 11:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment